This week I discuss the difficulties of asking for help. You can’t deny it, asking for help isn’t easy at all and most of us think of it as a sign of weakness. I’ll tell you about my own experience as well as my mother’s experiences a s a military wife and mom. From mom guilt to the superwoman complex, I want to help moms reconnect with themselves and maybe help rebuild and renew a lost sense of community among mothers.
How do I listen to the Me Before Mom podcast?
You can listen to Me Before Mom wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts.
You can listen to a podcast by using your smartphone – iPhone or Andriod. Apple has a huge library of podcasts in iTunes and because of the wide audience Apple has their rating system is kind of the golden standard. Android and iPhone users have quite a few podcast streaming apps to choose from:
- Google Podcast
- iHeartRadio Podcasts
- Pocket Casts (available on iOS and Android) – $4 – one of the best things about Pocket Casts is that it allows you to pick up where you leave off on other devices. That’s huge if you have multiple devices you’re using.
- TuneIn + Alexa (Alexa devices)
- Castbox (available on iOS and Android, Amazon Echo Skill, and Apple Watch & CarPlay support.) – FREE – this is a newer app but it’s been winning a lot of best of awards.
- Stitcher (available on iOS and Android) – Stitcher is known for the ability to search for episodes and create multiple playlists. The app is free but there is a premium membership that offers podcasts ad free as well as a few premium only podcasts.
- Spotify – Not just for music anymore, Spotify has curated quite the podcast library and is adding new shows daily.
- Castros 3 (iPhone only) – According to quite a few reviews I read Castros 3 is the best iPhone only app to use if you are subscribed to many different podcasts.
- Podchaser – There isn’t an app for this one but they’ve made their website mobile friendly so you can access it via mobile.
As the creator of the lifestyle blog and book, Me Before Mom, Bert supports millennial moms facing the challenges and changes of motherhood. Me Before Mom is an online community that offers support through real life stories, encouraging advice, and answers to questions about how a woman maintains herself during this self-sacrificial time of parenthood. Stories from Bert Anderson have helped women across the globe through the Huffington Post, Today’s Parent, and on the Harry show. Whether weathering the first year of motherhood or walking through the later stages of motherhood, Bert has helped many continue to find herself while still in the throes of motherhood. Purchase your copy of Me Before Mom: Putting Your Oxygen Mask on First today!