Special thanks to Marvel, Disney and ABC for sending me on this all expense paid trip to cover THOR RAGNAROK, “The Mayor” on ABC, CARS 3 Blu-Ray release, Disney Junior’s “Vampirina” and littleBits’ STAR WARS Droid Inventor Kits. All opinions are my own. There are affiliate links in this blog post which means I will receive commission should you purchase anything from that link. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Move over LEGOs and Kinex, get out of the way Cozmo, there’s a new cool toy in town and its name is littleBits. Haven’t heard of it before? Well, as soon as your child gets wind of this awesome littleBits STAR WARS DROID™ INVENTOR KIT they’re going to be begging you for one for Christmas. Let me introduce you to littleBits, a woman-created droid inventor company that takes gender out of inventing and puts the power back in the hands and minds of children (and adults).
How does littleBits’ STAR WARS DROID™ INVENTOR KIT work and how is it different from other toys?
When you buy your littleBits STAR WARS DROID™ INVENTOR KIT you receive the following:
- Complete Droid Kit: Comes with everything kids need to create and control their own Droid – right down to the battery – plus stickers and extra accessories.
- No grown-ups necessary: Kids can put together easily with step-by-step, in-app instructions, then challenge themselves to level-up their inventor skills by building new custom Droids.
- Missions & challenges: With the Droid Inventor app (iPhone & Android), kids can teach their Droid new skills like head spins and self navigation, and send it on 16+ special Star WarsTM missions.
- Customizable: Stickers and in-app missions help kids get creative – inventing their own R2 unit with crafts & household objects, and giving their Droid its own unique personality.
- Reconfigurable: Each electronic block has a different function (motor, sensor, speaker, etc.), enabling kids to rebuild their Droid in new ways, transforming their original R2 Unit into any Droid they can dream up
- Award Winning: a Toy Insider STEM 10 awardee, TTPM’s Most Wanted Holiday Toy, and Top Rated By Kids.
When I was in LA for the world premiere of THOR: RAGNAROK I had the opportunity to check out littleBits STAR WARS DROID™ INVENTOR KIT and meet some of the women who work for them. We got our hands on the DROID INVENTOR KIT and let me tell you it was so much fun! I kept thinking about my son while we were playing with our little R2D2!
What’s great about littleBits is how it enables kids to not only build their own droid from start to finish but it also teaches them how to code the droid to do various tasks. We live in such a technology driven world but how many of us actually understand how technology works?I certainly don’t and I know my kids are only beginning to understand the basics because they attend a STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math) school. littleBits focuses on on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math), they’re also launching a global inventor movement.
On November 15th, littleBits announced the littleBits Competition: Droid Inventor Kit which invites kids, families, and Star Wars fans—residing in the US, UK, and Canada – to share their own unique Droid creations with the global inventor community. The competition will run from November 15, 2017 to January 10, 2018. Fans and families will be able to submit their own leading-edge Droid design creations, judged by Star Wars: The Last Jedi stars Daisy Ridley (the actress who portrays Rey in the current Star Wars trilogy) and Kelly Marie Tran (the actress who portrays Rose Tico in Star Wars: The Last Jedi) alongside Ayah Bdeir (founder and CEO of littleBits) and Kathleen Kennedy (president of Lucasfilm).
Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2017 Deal!
Consumers interested in purchasing the award-winning Droid Inventor Kit will have the opportunity to take advantage of a 20% off discount on littleBits.cc, Walmart.com, Amazon.com, ShopDisney.com, as well as Walmart and Disney stores nationwide from Thursday, November 23, 2017 through Monday, November 27, 2017.
Follow littleBits on Social Media!
And because littleBits has partnered with STAR WARS, I’ll just drop the latest trailer right here because it’s all I can think about.
As the creator of the lifestyle blog Me Before Mom, Bert supports millennial moms facing the challenges and changes of motherhood. Me Before Mom is an online community that offers support through real life stories, encouraging advice, and answers to questions about how a woman maintains herself during this self-sacrificial time of parenthood. Stories from Bert Anderson have helped women across the globe through the Huffington Post, Today’s Parent, and on the Harry show. Whether weathering the first year of motherhood or walking through the later stages of motherhood, Bert has helped many continue to find herself while still in the throes of motherhood.